As fashion and beauty blogger at my site Sassy Bella, I’ve had to pack for events attended by some of the world’s best dressed in the most stylish cities. Aussies love taking short breaks in the big cities, every weekend Sydney and Melbourne are inundated with visitors ready for a culture injection. Expedia’s done the hard work and planned a few city Short Breaks for you. But even if you’re going to shop up a storm, you’ve still got to look the part.
Here’s my tips on how to pack for a short break and stay in style:
- Pack for the destination and not for choice. If you’re going on a city break, you probably don’t need that bikini or beach towel
- Choose clothes that are versatile – i.e. dresses that can go from day to night
- Accessories are key – a great scarf can also be used as a sarong, while an amazing necklace or two will be more versatile than a few dresses
- Keep beauty needs simple – moisturiser, cleanser, sunscreen, lipstick and a great make up compact. Think carefully about whether you really need your hair straightener
- Just take a carry on bag. Remember it’s a short break, you don’t need the kitchen sink